tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Kerekes <tomcat_dev_l...@email.ro>
Subject Re: how to disable http when using https
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 08:31:40 GMT
Most probably you did not comment out the http connector.
check your server.xml more in detail, and find whether the simple
http connector is configured!

Br,
Peter

> I've made a website (on tomcat 4.1) which makes use of SSL https.
> When I try to connect to it by not using the https but http prefix,
> the browser asks me "do you want to display non-secure items"
> If I click yes, it shows me the secure webpage in non-secure mode!
> How do I turn off http mode alltogether?
>
> This is a printout of my server.xml
>
>      <!-- Define an SSL connector. -->
>     <Connector className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
&gt;                port="8444" minProcessors="3" maxProcessors="150"
&gt;                enableLookups="true"
&gt;                acceptCount="10" debug="2" scheme="https" secure="true">
>       <Factory className="org.apache.catalina.net.SSLServerSocketFactory"
&gt;                clientAuth="false" protocol="TLS"
&gt;                keystoreFile="/opt/tomcat/appconf/crdc_n3i.jks"
&gt;                keystorePass="tomcat"