tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mona Wong-Barnum <m...@eggshell.ucsd.edu>
Subject Re: Opinion: Tomcat/SOAP/Java Web Start
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 21:36:12 GMT
Hi Mark:

> Has
> anyone had any real experience with Java Web Start?  Does it really make
> installation and upgrades as painless as Sun claims?

	I'll answer via the list briefly.  We use Java Web Start to distribute
our Java 2D/3D programs.  It does makes distribution of our programs very easy.
Our programs also use other Java library that are also easily distributed
together.  Java Web Start will also check for changes and download the latest
when detected.

	For more info, please email me privately.

Cheers,

Mona

Mona Wong-Barnum
National Center for Microscopy and Imaging Research
University of California, San Diego
http://ncmir.ucsd.edu/

"The truth shall set you free, but first it will piss you off"
				A Landmark instructor