tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Forbeck <jeffforb...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Static pages dir inside webapps
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 14:13:44 GMT
D -

I am a newbie, but may be able to help. The
$CATALINA_HOME\webapps\[your app] is the directory I
store static pages. This is the area for public files
where WEB-INF stores protected documents. Adding a
special subdir called [your app]\static\ worked for
me. Of course, I forgot to restart Tomcat the first
time (dah), but I eventually gathered my senses.

As far as what previous allowed, I can't help you. I
started with 2.3 and there is a strict directory
specification.

Anyhow, I didn't see another repsonse - hope this
helps.

Jeff