tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sundar Manyapu <sk_many...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JWSDP-TOMCAT - how to install Running a bookStore example
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2002 20:12:34 GMT
Hi craig,

Downloaded ant-1.4.1. set the JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME.
When i try to build. it says:

'build' is not recognized as an internal or external
command,operable program or batch file.

where i am wrong?

Thanks in advance. I am following your suggestion for
JWSDP.

Sundar

--- "Craig R. McClanahan" <craigmcc@apache.org> wrote:
> All of the JWSDP examples, and a *lot* of good
> introductory information,
> is in the JWSDP Tutorial that you can download from
> the same place that
> you got JWSDP from
> (http://java.sun.com/webservices/).  It also
> includes
> detailed instructions on how to build and deploy
> apps on JWSDP.
>
> Craig
>

> On Sat, 24 Aug 2002, Sundar Manyapu wrote:
>
> > Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 11:26:19 -0700 (PDT)
> > From: Sundar Manyapu <sk_manyapu@yahoo.com>
> > To: Tomcat Users List
> <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> > Subject: JWSDP-TOMCAT - how to install Running a
> bookStore example
> >
> > Hi Craig,
> >
> > As per JWSDP, Bookstore example needs to be
> installed
> > using "ant". For this what i how to approach? I am
> > able to run JWSDP and taglib examples.
> >
> > Also i want to under standard the concepts of tag
> > libs, how the JSP engine parses it before
> compiling
> > into a servlet. Where can i get best resources on
> the
> > net so that i can read and understand in depth.
> >
> > Thanks in Advance.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Sundar
> >

> > --- "Craig R. McClanahan" <craigmcc@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > > It sounds like you've got a corrupted
> installation
> > > of JWSDP -- please try
> > > re-installing it.  Also, make sure that JWSDP
> starts
> > > successfully, and the
> > > sample applications work, *before* deploying
> your
> > > own application.
> > >
> > > If JWSDP works before your app is installed, but
> > > fails like this
> > > afterwards, then something in the way you are
> > > installing it is corrupting
> > > the standard Tomcat installation -- more details
> > > will be needed to help
> > > you resolve what is going on.
> > >
> > > Craig

> > > <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

> fine.
> > > bundled with the jwsdp1.0, i
> up.
> > > if anyone has any ideas or
> > > would be much appreciated.

> > > addRuleSet() with no namespace

javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(SAXParserFactory.java:150)

org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.getParser(Digester.java:565)

org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.getXMLReader(Digester.java:607)

org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1284)

org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:448)

org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:399)

org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:179)
> Method)

org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)