tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Luminous Heart <luminoushe...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: NotSerializableException
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 17:06:22 GMT
That is a good question. Now I am totally confused. I
am not sure if tomcat is throwing this exception
because of the "predefined" imap object that
server.xml has. Or because of my webmail application
that uses imap. Is there a simple way to figure that
out? I guess I can try to clean all the mail refrences
in the server.xml and see what is going to happen.

regards.
--- "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com> wrote:
> Howdy,
> Then I think the issue is having the IMAP carried in
> the Session object.
> It should be marked as transient so that it's not
> persisted with the
> tomcat session persistence mechanism.
> Alternatively, you can
> re-consider whether you need the whole IMAP session
> in your tomcat
> session, or only certain (serializable) parts from
> it, e.g. the folder
> name or whatever.
>
> Yoav Shapira
> Millennium ChemInformatics

=== message truncated ===> This e-mail, including any