tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject RE: manager
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:29:23 GMT

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Sexton, George wrote:

> Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 16:54:05 -0600
> From: "Sexton, George" <gsexton@mhsoftware.com>
> To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: RE: manager
>
> It would be helpful to know the version number of Tomcat you are using...

Two other important things to check:

* Where are the classes that you recompiled?  If the are anywhere
  EXCEPT in /WEB-INF/classes or /WEB-INF/lib (for example, they are
  in common/lib instead) then reloading isn't going to do a bit of
  good -- those classes CANNOT be reloaded.

* Check the log messages in $CATALINA_HOME/logs/* to see that the
  reload command was actually executed, along with any errors that
  Tomcat might have encountered along the way.

Note -- it is not necessary to use reloadable="true" to use the manager
app's reload command, which works on any webapp.

Craig