tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milo Hyson <m...@cyberlifelabs.com>
Subject Managing a large web.xml
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 21:36:25 GMT
Is there any way to break up a large web.xml file into smaller ones to make it
more manageable? I've found that it doesn't take that big of a project before
I have so many servlets and mappings as to make the deployment descriptor
file quite long. I've read through the Servlet spec (2.3) and poked around in
the mailing list archives, but can't find anything like an include directive
or anything else that might let me divide my descriptor into mutiple smaller
files. Ideally, I'd like to be able to create a different file for each
section of the application, so that I can focus on one at a time.

I'd appreciate any insights into this situation. Thanks in advance.

--
Milo Hyson
CyberLife Labs, LLC