tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Nokleberg <ch...@sixlegs.com>
Subject Re: Way to specify realms for dynamically installed apps?
Date Sat, 17 Aug 2002 18:39:34 GMT
On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Chris Nokleberg wrote:
> > I'm using the new ant tasks to install and deploy web apps from
> > ant. One of my applications needs a JDBCRealm, but there doesn't seem
> > to be a way to supply the manager with additional bits it might need
> > to stick into server.xml, is that right? I can add the realm at the
> > engine level, but I'd rather not.
>
> In Tomcat 4.1, you can dynamically deploy a "context configuration file"
> instead of, or along with your webapp.  Such a file can contain the
> <Context> element, and all nested subelements, from what you would
> normally put in server.xml, so you can indeed dynamically deploy an app
> with a custom realm.

Thanks for the tip, I am using 4.1.9.

This page:
  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/manager-howto.html
doesn't list the "config" install option.

Also, it's not clear to me why there isn't a "config" option for the
deploy task as well as install. At least, that's what the code for the
ant tasks would imply...deploy is not documented in the javadoc for
ManagerServlet. I can enter these things into the bug db if they're
new issues.

-Chris