tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Marnell <jlm...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Newbie questions
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:11:32 GMT

I had not added context entry's to server.xml. I added the following and it still does not
work:
<!-- Tomcat Manager Context -->
        <Context path="/manager" docBase="manager"
         debug="0" privileged="true"/>
        <!-- Tomcat jimbo Context -->
        <Context path="/jimbo" docBase="jimbo"
         debug="0" privileged="true"/>

        <!-- Tomcat Examples Context -->
The examples entry looked complicated so I tried to emulate a simple example (manager). Should
that have worked?
Also, I moved my servlet into the examples directory - did not work - 404 not available. Restarted
for both tries.
/Jim
 "Turner, John" wrote:

Did you add a Context entry in server.xml for jimbo? Basically, wherever
you see entries in server.xml for "examples", you need to do the same thing
for "jimbo", then restart tomcat

You can also put your servlet into the examples directory, with the example
servlets, and see if you can call it via
http://localhost:8080/examples/Form1

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com