tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Marnell <>
Subject RE: Newbie questions
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:11:32 GMT

for "jimbo", then restart tomcat

You can also put your servlet into the examples directory, with the example
servlets, and see if you can call it via

John Turner

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Marnell []
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 2:31 PM
Subject: Newbie questions

I'm having problems running a servlet. I've installed tomcat 4.0.4, apache
2 & jdk 1.4 on redhat 7.2.

I put html file with the following into apache's htdocs directory

I then created a directory in $tomcat_home/webapps called jimbo. Within
directory jimbo I created WEB-INF/classes and moved my compiled servlet into
it. I restarted tomcat and get a 404 message stating that Form1 is not
available. Please let me know what is wrong.

Also, do I need any special apache modules for tomcat?

Thanks in advance.

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: