tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Marnell <jlm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Newbie questions
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 18:30:50 GMT

I'm having problems running a servlet.  I've installed tomcat 4.0.4, apache 2 & jdk 1.4
on redhat 7.2.

I put html file with the following into apache's htdocs directory

<form method=post action="http://localhost:8080/jimbo/Form1">

I then created a directory in $tomcat_home/webapps called jimbo. Within directory jimbo I
created WEB-INF/classes and moved my compiled servlet into it. I restarted tomcat and get
a 404 message stating that Form1 is not available. Please let me know what is wrong.

Also, do I need any special apache modules for tomcat?

Thanks in advance.

/J