tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject RE: session timeout
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 17:48:21 GMT

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Shapira, Yoav wrote:

> Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:55:36 -0400
> From: "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com>
> To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: RE: session timeout
>
> Hi,
> No longer too lazy to dig up the spec, as this is too serious.  Indeed,
> it seems like SRV.13.3, page 110 and SRV.7.5, page 51 disagree on this
> point.

I don't see how they are in conflict -- 13.3 talks about how you configure
session timeouts in web.xml, while 7.5 talks about the value returned by
HttpSession.getMaxInactiveInterval().  In other words, if you configure a
zero in web.xml, and you haven't called setMaxInactiveInterval() on a
particular session, calling getMaxInactiveInterval() should return a
negative value (the precise value is not specified).

> Craig, will this be amended in SRV 2.4? ;)

The language is the same (although in 2.4 the definition of the deployment
descriptor is now in an XML Schema instead of a DTD.

> Yoav Shapira
> Millennium ChemInformatics

Craig