tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ashish Kulkarni <kulkarni_as...@yahoo.com>
Subject error in jsp??? Response has already been committed
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 21:53:48 GMT
Hi,

I am developing some jsp pages, and i get the
following error <br>
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response has already
been committed
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunResponse.resetContent(../servlet/JRunResponse.java:172)
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunSE.runServlet(../servlet/JRunSE.java:1201)
	at
allaire.jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.forward(../servlet/JRunRequestDispatcher.java:89)<br>

In my jsp, I have some logic which check if there is
anydata in database or else forwards the request to
other page,
so when i m trying to forward the request i get this
error.
I tried
request.getRequestDispatcher("PL1077Display.jsp").forward(request,
response);

also
response.sendRedirect("PL1077Display.jsp");
and also <jsp:forward >
Ashish