tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jakarta Tomcat Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com) <jakarta-...@basebeans.com>
Subject failed to enable SSL on Tomcat using a cert signed by using OpenSSL
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 18:40:02 GMT
Subject: failed to enable SSL on Tomcat using a cert signed by using OpenSSL
From: "tom" <home@hongkong.com>
 ===
I successfully enabled SSL on Tomcat 4.04 with using a Trail cert signed by
the Verisign.
Descrptions of the steps:
1. use c:\j2sdk1.4.0\bin\keytool to generate a key and a .keystore file
2. submit the key to verisign for a Trail certificate for testing purpose
3. import the CA ROOT cert
4 import and trust the signed cert
5. modify the server.xml to include the .keystore file

However, I failed to enable SSL on Tomcat with using a cert signed by my
University
Descriptions of the steps
1. use c:\j2sdk1.4.0\bin\keytool to generate a key with the same options as
above)
2. submit the key to my university's ca for applying a certificate for
production purpose
3. import the CA ROOT cert and a "Server cert" which is a sub-node of  of
the CA ROOT
4 import and trust the signed cert (CAROOT -> SERVER -> MYCERT)
5. modify the server.xml to include the .keystore file
6 then I doubt checked the .keystore file which could print all information
of the certs properly.

But this time, the server has no reponse. What I know that my university
uses OpenSSL to sign the cert

Tom
mailto:tomcwh@yahoo.com