tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nagpal, Vikas" <vinag...@utmb.edu>
Subject RE: REPOST:Connection refused problem
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:16:47 GMT
Hello Everybody,

Well 'X' database is the place where we have got the already known sequences
and then we try to match the sequence generated by us with these standard
squences. Finally we generate the HISTOGRAM corresponding to the nearly
matched sequence. No we are not using the JDBC at all.

This exception is nothing to do with the Tomcat. Yes our servlet asks for
the 'username' and 'password' and only lets you log into the application  if
your name is hard wired into our servlet code and for that you should be
registered user of our database. This authenication is for security reasons
only.

Finally thanks for letting me know about the active session stuff.

Thanks,
Vikas.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wagoner, Mark
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Sent: 8/30/2002 8:27 AM
Subject: RE: REPOST:Connection refused problem

Well, it sounds like you have several problems but it is hard to
diagnose
with the information supplied.

What is an 'X' database?  Are you using a JDBC driver to connect to it?

The IOException about the LOG/BAN files is not a Tomcat message.  Is
your
servlet trying to do some sort of logging?

The message /proj_GR:running:0 in the manager app tells you that the
servlet
is loaded.  The 0 means there are no active sessions.