tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nagpal, Vikas" <vinag...@utmb.edu>
Subject Trying to work with JDBC
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2002 15:00:41 GMT
Hi everybody,

I was trying to connect to the ORACLE database thru the JDBC driver. I have
downloaded the DRIVER TYPE 4 and unzip this driver. On unzipping one of
ORACLE.JAR driver i have got the hierarchy like
com/ddtek/jdbc/oracle/OracleDriver.class. I have placed this hierarchy in
WEB-INF/classes directory. I have configured my CLASSPATH to point towards
the tools.jar, servlet.jar, WEB-INF/classes, jdbc2_0-stdext.jar. Also in my
JAVA code i have put myDriver =com.ddtek.jdbc.oracle.OracleDriver and
myURL=http://bioinfo.utmb.edu/cgi-bin/bsql_ProbeSet.cgi. I am not sure what
exactly i need to do with the SERVER.XML file. Also i have created the
instance of my JAVABEAN class in the JSP file to retrieve the requisite
fields into my page. But even after this my code is not able to pull
anything from the database. Can anyone help.

Thanks,
With regards,
Vikas Nagpal.