tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re[4]: Quick Question
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:09:43 GMT
Hello TOMITA,

If the file exists in the same package as the Bean, then just do:

    Properties props = new Properties();
    try {
        InputStream propsStream = this.getClass().getResourceAsStream("config.txt");
        if (propsStream != null) {
                props.load(propsStream);
                propsStream.close();
        }
    } catch (IOException e) {
        System.err.println("Caught IOException: " + e.getMessage());
    }

When you use
Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("config.txt"),
you run the risk of finding a file with the same name somewhere earlier
in the classpath, although it should have been able to find your file
when one of the same name did not exist in $CATALINA_HOME/bin.

Jake

Best regards,