tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Johan Sunnerstig <Johan.Sunners...@netgiro.com>
Subject RE: Easy to read HOWTO's or anything similar?
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 14:43:09 GMT
Glad to see Im not the only one who got confused :)
In short, the learning experience so far has been rather overwhelming, right
now Im trying to grip the Context concept.
And yes, I've seen the Terminology section, it was... less than enlightening
;)

I suppose all of this would be easier if I was a java/web developer, but Im
not, just a poor admin trying to setup a server.
One of the most annoying parts of this is that the brilliant guy that made
out homepage used JSP for an extremely simple task that could have been made
in about a million other ways, all simpler, but for reason he went along and
used JSP for it, and he hasn't been with the company for ~1 year, so I can't
ask him for help either.

Johan

-----Original Message-----
From: Turner, John [mailto:JTurner@AAS.com]
Sent: den 29 augusti 2002 16:34
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Easy to read HOWTO's or anything similar?

Excellent overview.  I think there would definitely be merit in a tutorial
for Java developers with little or no web application experience.

I'm in the process of trying to corral all of the available resources and a
rudimentary FAQ into a website, hopefully soon.  The same topics come up
over and over, and it would be very helpful to have a starting point for
people who are new to tomcat.

John