tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Craig Longman <cra...@begeek.com>
Subject Re: How close 'till release?
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 17:35:51 GMT
On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 12:27, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> The best way for Tomcat *users* to help get Tomcat 4.1 to general release
> state is trying it on your real apps, and reporting bugs so we can swat
> them.

i was trying very hard to do just that, but couldn't reliably get the
rpm installed, nor get the mod_jk or mod_jk2 compiled.  it seems like it
is very dependent on a specific configuration to be able to work.  i
could try simply using the non-rpm, but i'm a programmer, not a sysadmin
(by preference), so i tend to stay with the rpms which at least offer
some sort of control/administration for installations.

anyway, i don't mean to only bitch, i appreciate the work everyone puts
into this project a huge amount.  but, when its that difficult to just
get the code running, its hard to do too much testing.

--

    CraigL->Thx();
    Be Developer ID: 5852