tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian Bernardo <BBerna...@abilizer.com>
Subject RE: Solaris startup.sh error! 'The JAVA_HOME environment variable is not defined properly'
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:13:23 GMT
Set the JAVA_HOME variable in the catalina.sh file.  That is where it goes.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Sandy.Thota@WellsFargo.COM [mailto:Sandy.Thota@WellsFargo.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 2:13 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Solaris startup.sh error! 'The JAVA_HOME environment variable is
not defined properly'

Hi,
I have installed tomcat 4.0.4 on solaris 8, ultra box. When I run
startup.sh, it fails giving me this message,
'The JAVA_HOME environment variable is not defined properly.
This environment variable is needed to run this program.'

I'm running /sbin/sh. Tomcat was installed as root. So in /.profile  I set
up JAVA_HOME variable,
JAVA_HOME=/usr/java1.4 (actually I tried /usr/java1.4/j2sdk1.4.0_01)
export JAVA_HOME.
when I echo $JAVA_HOME, I can see that it is set. But the error persists.
Could some one tell me what am I doing wrong?
TIA.
-ST