tomcat-users mailing list archives

From CouasPhilippe <pco...@infodev.fr>
Subject RE: i can't acces absolute symbolic link created with ln -s command on LINUX
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 13:57:08 GMT

-----Message d'origine-----
De:	Irina Lishchenko [SMTP:ilis@lishchenko.de]
Date:	mercredi 31 juillet 2002 09:59
A:	Tomcat Users List
Objet:	Re: i can't acces absolute symbolic link created with ln -s command on LINUX

A new Idea for resolving this problem ?

Thanks
Philippe

I have reproduced this situation and have the same problem here

I have made a link to Tomcat examples directory.
ln -s /path/to/tomcat/webapps/examples example
So with FollowSymLinks and Indexes options I see the direcory context, see
static files, but as soon as I try to get jsp page I have the same 404 error
[GET /examples/jsp/snp/snoop.jsp HTTP/1.1" 404 687]
And the similar error with servlet examplesThe requested URL
/examples/servlet/RequestParamExample was not found on this server.

Although I just have noticed that I use TC 4.0.4 where you seem don't have
this issue