tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Codere <patrick.cod...@motovan.com>
Subject RE: TOMCAT OUT OF MEMORY
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:07:27 GMT
Thanks,

	Concerning the suspected code, i really don't know wich it would be.
But, thanks for the profiler idea, I will try it!  For the 64m that my
application needs, I added this line in the Catalina.bat CATALINA_OPTS =
-Xms512m -Xmx512m
But it seems it does not change anything.  Am I doing it right?

Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: August 23, 2002 10:51 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: TOMCAT OUT OF MEMORY

Hi,
Can you take the suspected code out of a JSP and put it into a simple
Java command-line tester?  Then you could easily attach to a profiler,
see where that memory is going.   Plus this approach would allow you to
rule out bugs in the servlet container.

If such an approach is not feasible, you could still try attaching a
profiler to your server and seeing where the memory is going.  Profilers
like OptimizeIt will do this for you.

And finally, another type of idea: could it be that this is proper
behavior?  By that I mean, could it be that your application
legitimately needs more than 64MB of memory?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics