tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Codere <patrick.cod...@motovan.com>
Subject RE: OUT OF MEMORY ERROR - PLEASE HELP
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 14:41:20 GMT
Thanks a lot.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: August 21, 2002 10:29 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: OUT OF MEMORY ERROR - PLEASE HELP

Hi,
Only one of CATALINA_OPTS or JAVA_OPTS is needed, not both.  See if it
works for you with 512MB.  It should be fine.

For the long term, especially if you're going to have many concurrent
users, you will want to investigate pairing Apache as the front end for
static content with tomcat as the back end for your servlets and JSPs.
It's a much more scalable and robust architecture.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics