tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Codere <patrick.cod...@motovan.com>
Subject RE: OUT OF MEMORY ERROR - PLEASE HELP
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 14:36:44 GMT
Thanks Yoav,

	I just changed the CATALINA.BAT file this way: I just added these
two lines on the top of the batch file.  Would that be ok?

CATALINA_OPTS = -Xms512m -Xmx512m
JAVA_OPTS = -Xms512m -Xmx512m

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: August 21, 2002 10:04 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: OUT OF MEMORY ERROR - PLEASE HELP

Howdy,
You may wish to have Apache, not tomcat, serve static content such as
images.

But for your current setup, using only tomcat, you probably need to
increase the amount of memory available to the JVM.  You can do this via
the -Xmx parameter to java.  You set that parameter in your environment
(CATALINA_OPTS variable) or in the $CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.bat
script.  See the script itself for information about CATALINA_OPTS
and/or JAVA_OPTS.

Run java -X to see the X options, including -Xmx.  Fuller docs are at:
http://java.sun.com/docs/hotspot/VMOptions.html

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics