tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rick Fincher" <...@tbird.com>
Subject Re: TOMCAT OUT OF MEMORY
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 18:24:15 GMT
Hi Pat,

Go to jakarta.apache.org, The first item under "Product News" is currently a
link to Tomcat 4.1.9 beta.

Or go directly to:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.1.9-beta/

The binaries are in the bin directory.  There are two flavors, regular and
LE.  The LE version is a smaller distribution for JDK 1.4 users.  It leaves
out of the Tomcat distribution libraries that are already included in JDK
1.4.

The regular edition is for JDK's before 1.4 that didn't include some of the
libraries as standard.  That distribution of Tomcat has all the needed
libraries added.

Since you are running NT, you can download the .exe version and execute to
install.

The conf/server.xml file is a little different from 4.0.4 so you may need to
go through it if you have anything special set up.

Rick