tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Larsen" <lar...@qec.com>
Subject Apache + Tomcat sometimes pegs CPU
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 17:02:57 GMT
I'm running Apache 1.3.23/Tomcat 4.0.3 (jdk1.3.1)
on Solaris 7 connected with mod_jk. Sometimes I
I find that the CPU on the web server box is pegged
at 100%. It's a dedicated server and I am bouncing
Apache and Tomcat once a week to help alleviate the
problem. If I didn't restart every week, it would just
be a matter of time before things spiraled out of
control again.

The processes that are responsible are java (Tomcat)
and libhttpd.ep (Apache, with --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE)
each with about 50% of the CPU.

If I bounce Tomcat, no change. If I bounce Apache,
it returns to normal (low) CPU usage. I have Apache
running on other machines without Tomcat and this
does not happen.

So it's got to be a mod_jk thing. There are no log
messages of any significance. Any ideas on how to
fix it?

Thanks,

Jeff