tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gunter D'Hondt" <g...@sofico.be>
Subject RE: Turn off caching
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:41:31 GMT
Ralph,

We have three environments: a development environment where we develop/test
our sites and a test and production environment at our clients. Copying the
files from develop environment to the test environment at our clients is
being done by making update zipfiles which only include the changed scripts
that we find by sorting all the scripts by date/time. And only the scripts
in the development environment are being checked in a version control.
Now I want the test and production environment to use caching ofcourse but
not in the development environment.

Greetings,
Gunter

-----Original Message-----
From: tomcat-user-return-29360-gudo=sofico.be@jakarta.apache.org
[mailto:tomcat-user-return-29360-gudo=sofico.be@jakarta.apache.org]On
Behalf Of Ralph Einfeldt
Sent: dinsdag 13 augustus 2002 14:27
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: AW: Turn off caching

Sorry didn't think about that, because we
don't run our sites directly from the
workspace of our version management.

We have jobs that copy the files from
the workspace to the runtime environment
so we can do what we want in the runtime
environment without impacting our
buildmanagement.

Which of the two approaches do you use ?

I would guess that the second one shouldn't
mess up your version management. (At least
everything under the work directory shouldn't
be a part of your build)