tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James" <>
Subject Simple WAR files
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:28:16 GMT

I have read the documentation for writing web applications and distributing
them in WAR files, but now I am just more confused than ever. I'm looking
for a simple step by step tutorial on making WAR archives and making them

I know this so far:
- Directory structure; WEB-INF, WEB-INF/classes, etc and what they are used
- How to write servlets and JSPs, no worries there...

So now I need to know, what are the basic steps to make a very simple,
almost HelloWord.war type of application? How do I write an application
descriptor, and what do I do with it to make an application WAR file? What
are all the references to asking an administrator to assign a context path?
(I have no administrator, only my home computer and myself!)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message