tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "skraaatch" <skra...@thenumnum.net>
Subject Re: JWSDP-TOMCAT vs TOMCAT STANDALONE
Date Sun, 25 Aug 2002 07:30:54 GMT
hi,
i should have explained properly:
starting and stopping the JWSDP-tomcat works fine when i use the catalina
batch files, the sample applications work and my application works. It's
only when i tried to run it from my ide that i had problems.
( i then downloaded tomcat4 on it's own and used the good tutorial at
http://www.phasesoft.com/articles/tomcat4idea/ to check that it would work -
it started up fine)
however, when i tried to add a similar set of classes to the project
classpath, i noticed that there were some differences in the jar files
between the two versions of tomcat. However, i didn't get anywhere by
including the extra jars.

So, the command used to startup tomcat from my ide became:
C:\jdk1.3.1\bin\javaw.exe -Djava.endorsed.dirs="C:\jwsdp-1_0\bin;C:\jwsdp-1_
0\common\lib;C:\jwsdp-1_0\common\endorsed" -Dcatalina.base="C:\jwsdp-1_0" -D
catalina.home="C:\jwsdp-1_0" -Djava.io.tmpdir="C:\jwsdp-1_0\temp"
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start
(NOTE THAT I CHOPPED THE CLASSPATH STUFF OUT BECUASE IT IS JUST TOO LONG.
err, maybe that's something to do with it? - the full line was >3000 chars
incl. classpath so be assured i included as much as possible so either i'm
still missing something or there's a clash i think.)

The error was:
DEBUG [main] (Log4JCategoryLog.java:132) - addRuleSet() with no namespace
URI
[...]
Exception during startup processing
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException:
javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError:
org.apache.crimson.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl
 at
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(SAXParserFactory.java:150)
 at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.getParser(Digester.java:565)
 at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.getXMLReader(Digester.java:607)
 at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1284)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:448)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:399)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:179)
 at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
Process terminated with exit code 2

the full classpath was:
C:\jdk1.3.1\jre\lib\rt.jar
C:\LiDO\lib\lido-dev.jar
C:\LiDO\lib\lido-rdb.jar
C:\LiDO\lib\lido-rt.jar
C:\LiDO\lib\j2ee.jar
C:\jakarta-log4j-1.2.6\dist\lib\log4j-1.2.6.jar
C:\IntelliJ-IDEA-2.5.2\lib\junit.jar
C:\msc\arak\build\WEB-INF\classes
C:\jdk1.3.1\lib\tools.jar
all jars in: C:\jwsdp-1_0\bin\