tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael" <>
Subject RE : Specifying location of tomcat-users.xml
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 16:02:20 GMT
>      > I'm running tomcat from within IDEA, and I'm using the -config
>      > command line parameter to tell tomcat where my server.xml file
>      > is located (in my project directory).  But tomcat is looking
>      > for tomcat-users.xml in the CATALINA_HOME directory.  Is there
>      > a command to specify a conf directory other than CATALINA_HOME?
> Set the CATALINA_BASE variable as needed.

I've tried setting it to my project's root directory (my project has a
conf directory with the server.xml and tomcat-users.xml files in it) but
when I do this, my server.xml is no longer used (my web app doesn't
exist).  When I put the CATALINA_BASE back to CATALINA_HOME, it works

I'm using Tomcat 4.0.4.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message