tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chetan Sarva" <che...@2deck.com>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.20 + Tomcat + (mod_jk or mod_webapp) for SuSE 7.3 Linux?
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 20:11:26 GMT
Hi,

I've followed John's instructions (see link at bottom) to the letter.
Successfully built Apache, installed Tomcat and built mod_jk.so. When I try
to start Apache I get the following error:

# ./apachectl start
Syntax error on line 223 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_rewrite.so into server:
/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_rewrite.so: undefined symbol: dbm_fetch
./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

I also tried using the binary install of Apache and instead got the
following error (I actually tried the binary install first and went back and
did a source install which gave even more problems..):
# ./apachectl start
Syntax error on line 4 of /usr/local/tomcat/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so into server:
/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so: undefined symbol: ap_ctx_get
./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

I searched around and could find no solution to this problem (though there
are a few mentions of ap_ctx_get they are mostly in reference to mod_ssl and
always ended up with the answer of "wait for the next release of mod_ssl; it
is a known bug").

Here are the details of my install:
Redhat 7.2
Apache 1.3.26 binary/source install to /usr/local/apache
Tomcat 4.0.4 binary install to /usr/local/tomcat
Tomcat Connector built from 4.0.4 source (mod_jk.so).
Sun JDK 1.4.1 installed to /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1

Any help is appreciated

Regards,
Chetan Sarva