tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Leos Urban" <Leos.Ur...@iol.cz>
Subject Re: Standalone Tomcat on port 80 without root privileges
Date Sat, 03 Aug 2002 11:49:29 GMT
>Seriously, why not use Apache with a connector...
Because there is many problems.

I tested it. I has standard installation of Tomcat and Webapps from RPM
(full edition). I dont know how to generate jkconf data as described in
HOWTO. There is "use parameter jkconf when start tomcat". Where? I tested
add this parameter to /etc/init.d/tomcat4 (= wrong parametr), to dtomcat4
(=no Class found),  to tomcat4.conf (= nothing was generated).

I looked for mod_webapp - it looks easily than mod_jk - but on Jakarta
Apache website I didnt found any mod_webapp package (only empty directory
tree) and pointer to CVS, where is only source code...

Leos