tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adrian Beech" <a.be...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject What sort of servlet is required when using it with auto load?
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 04:04:55 GMT
Hi folks,

I would like to put together a servlet that will be used solely for
setting up such things as connection pools, etc.  This servlet will be
auto loaded when Tomcat is started with the appropriate entries in the
web.xml file.  The connection pools will be saved as an application
scoped object for use by various JSP's.  The servlet will not serve up
web content except, I guess, appropriate error messages, etc.  My query
is that what sort of servlet do I need to achieve this?  For example, is
the class an extension of httpServlet, or can it be a simple class that
does not inherit objects from another higher level class?

Are there any examples of this sort of thing floating out yonder?

I am probably the rawest of raw novices when it comes to this sort of
stuff!

Thanks for your patience.

Adrian
a.beech@optusnet.com.au