tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jan Willem Penterman" ...@shapers.nl>
Subject RE: what is url rewriting
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 09:26:52 GMT
I'd say make it work the other way around. If you want those URL's to be
meaningful to the servlet (think search engines or referring to a
specific call to your servlet), you'd have to do that anyway.

So instead of trying to rewrite the URL in the addressbar, you make your
servlet generate the URL's you want in your address bar and put those in
the HREFs/ACTIONs on your form. Then (if neccesary, ) after the request
you map the URL to your servlet parameters.

JW