tomcat-users mailing list archives

From AMRAN...@aol.com
Subject Re: AW: weird connection problems
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 05:28:00 GMT
If you are using the standard jdbc-odbc bridge,
your database has to be on the maschine that
runs tomcat. My guess: if you test local you have
a local database if you test on the server the
database is in a different maschine than tomcat.

Yes this is true but why is it I can extract information from the database if
I use JSP only but I cant retrieve information if I use JSP + JavaBean.
Either both methods should work or none of them, right!?

>From the top of my head the error message in the tomcat window was Microsoft
ODBC error 3.

My configuration is:

Machine A:  Windows NT Tomcat 4.03 and j2sdk1.4 (datasource created in  DSN
ODBC)

Machine B:  Windows 98, MS ACCESS 2000 Database

Regards
Amran