tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Andryc <kand...@miser.umass.edu>
Subject JDBC Realm with Oracle
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 20:14:46 GMT
I have searched the archives, but I have not seen a solution. I keep getting
an error (shown below) when I try to use the JDBC Realm with Oracle. I can
connect fine from within a Servlet, but not from the Realm. Here is my code
and the error:

server.xml
<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
             driverName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"

connectionURL="jdbc:oracle:thin:@oracle.server.priv:1521:oracledb?user=usr;p
assword=pass"
              userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name"
userCredCol="user_pass"
          userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name" />

Error:
Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  Exception opening database connection:
jav
a.sql.SQLException: invalid arguments in call
LifecycleException:  Exception opening database connection:
java.sql.SQLExcepti
on: invalid arguments in call
        at org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.start(JDBCRealm.java:615)

)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:3
88)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:506
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:781)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:179)
        at
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:243)
----- Root Cause -----
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:168)
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:857)
        at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.logon(TTC7Protocol.java:189)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:246)

        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.ja
va:365)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:260)
        at org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.open(JDBCRealm.java:548)
        at org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.start(JDBCRealm.java:613)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1108)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:343
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:3
88)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:506
)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:781)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:681)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:179)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:243)

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Andryc
Web Systems Engineer