tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mats Palats" <matzenpal...@hotmail.com>
Subject Problems with setProperty
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 09:21:26 GMT
I'm having problems setting properties with setProperty

in the top of my .jsp page I have:
<jsp:useBean id="conn" class="wiBeans.ConnectionBean" scope="page">
    <jsp:setProperty name="conn" property="connstr"
value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:orcl" />
    <jsp:setProperty name="conn" property="username" value="scott" />
    <jsp:setProperty name="conn" property="password" value="tiger" />
</jsp:useBean>

and it generates this error:
Can't find a method to write property 'connstr' in a bean of type
'wiBeans.ConnectionBean'

but if I remove those setProperty lines and instead use
<% conn.setConnstr("bla bla bla") %>
it works.

does anyone know why this is happening? I think it's really weird.

Thnx in advance //Mats