tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: commons-dbcp support in Tomcat 4.1?
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 15:15:09 GMT
Hello rory,

Yes,

Follow the instructions in the following archived message and you will
be up and running:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=102225547106556&w=2

I also wrote a snippet of code here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=102230398708809&w=2

Jake

Monday, July 01, 2002, 9:54:01 AM, you wrote:

rdnsc> Hi there

rdnsc> Tomcat-docs indicates that DB Connection Pooling "is based on the DBCP connection
pool". Does that imply that there is a default JNDI Object Factory configured for javax.sql.Datasource
using
rdnsc> Commons DBCP?

rdnsc> I guess what I'm really asking is: to use Connection Pooling, is all I need the
commons-dbcp & commons-pool jar files in tc4.1\common\lib; a <Resource> element
in server.xml; and a
rdnsc> <resource-ref> element in web.xml. Oh, and my JDBC driver jar files in common\lib
too ??

rdnsc> --
rdnsc> To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
rdnsc> For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>