tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Simon Juden <Simon.Ju...@ProQuestAlison.com>
Subject RE: Greek (and other) encodings
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 16:18:58 GMT
Ah.

Putting <%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=windows-1253" %> does indeed
fix this under 3.2.4 and 3.3.1 in both netscape and explorer.  Not sure why
it didn't work with the META-tag only (but it didn't).  I now get to write a
script to correct all their JSPs...

Many thanks for the help!

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Einfeldt [mailto:ralph.einfeldt@uptime-isc.de]
Sent: 01 July 2002 17:06
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: AW: Greek (and other) encodings

Have you tried to set the content type with the page directive ?

<%@ page contenttype="" %>

Your example doesn't contain something like that.

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

For additional commands, e-mail:

This message has been checked for all known viruses by MessageLabs.

ProQuest Alison

Please note Alison Associates is now ProQuest Alison - this is purely a change of name to
bring us in line with the rest of the ProQuest group.  As a result our e-mail domain has changed
to proquestalison.com.  We will also continue to accept messages addressed to alisonassociates.com
until 1st January 2003.  Please can you ensure that you change any address book entries that
you have to use the new proquestalison.com addresses.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attached files is intended only for the use
of the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may be privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. The views of the author may not necessarily reflect the views
of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient please do not copy or convey this message
or any attached files to any other person but delete this message and any attached files and
notify us of incorrect receipt via e-mail to mailadmin@proquestalison.com.