tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "mallen" <mal...@idtdna.com>
Subject RE: getting isapi_redirect.dll to work with tomcat 4.0 and IIS
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 20:04:47 GMT
Well... I've tried both those solutions; same error, except that now the
error code after the 404 is 660 instead of 654.  Any more thoughts about
how this double indirection could be happening?

Thanks,
Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Conrad [mailto:andrewconrad@msn.com]
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 12:17 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'; Michael Allen
Subject: RE: getting isapi_redirect.dll to work with tomcat 4.0 and IIS

Hey Michael,

Your problem is very interesting.  It seems your redirector is getting
you to the Tomcat server (your getting a tomcat error) then looking for
the redirector again.

the file isapi_redirect.dll is from Tomcat 3.3 I believe.  While all the
documentation says it will work, I had the smoothest installation using
this redirector

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.3/bin/w
in32/

the file name is isapi_redirector.dll and you will need to make sure you
modify all your registry settings to reflect this.  renaming the file to
isapi_redirect.dll may cause problems because I think it looks
internally for itself.

then, start check that your virtual directory "jakarta" pointing to the
folder containing isapi_redirector.dll

if neither of those solutions work, you might want to start over using
this step-by-step install guide.

http://www.getnet.net/~rbarr/TomcatOnIIS/default.htm

-Andrew