tomcat-users mailing list archives

From tolga tunca <tolgatoo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Using Custom JSP Tags
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 12:29:33 GMT
Hi,
I want to use a JSP file that includes custom defined
JSP tags (I think this technology comes with JSP 1.2).

JSP files work good under Tomcat Root, but i couln't
get them working under Cocoon. I can use any JSP files
under Cocoon but when i add the Custom Tag library to
JSP files, a JSP Generator failure occurs.

I asked Cocoon mail lists but nobody could help me and
they told me to ask to Tomcat mail lists.

It seems Cocoon's JSPGenerator can not support custom
defined tags. But it is interesting that Cocoon uses
Tomcat's JSP Engine. Here is the code:

<%@ page language="java"%>
<%@ taglib uri="deu-taglib.tld" prefix="deu"%>
<data>
  <name>
     <deu:deneme url="Erhan Baz"/>
  </name>
</data>

This code creates a tag <deneme> with value Erhan Baz.

<data>
  <name>
    <deneme>Erhan Baz</deneme>
  </name>
</data>

Do you have any idea about this problem?
Any help will be appreciated.
With kind regards.Tolga Tunca