tomcat-users mailing list archives

From maarten roosendaal <>
Subject Initializing Application at startup
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 12:03:44 GMT

I've build an Initialize-class which reads in several
.properties-files. What i want is that when Tomcat
starts and my webapplication is started, that the
Initialize-class is called so that it can read in alle
the .properties-files.

How do i tell Tomcat (or my webapp) to initialize this
class (to call the initialize-method) and where do i
need to specify these .properties-files? For example i
defined a static String:
in my initialize-class. This String should somewhere
be defined as application.initializer.configuratie= I should be able to read the
content of this file through:
String propertiesfileName =

But i'm not sure how to call/initialize the class and
where to place/define the .properties-files. Hope
someone can help me.

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>