tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tomcat 4.x and new io in JDK 1.4
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 18:09:25 GMT

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Samuel Cheung wrote:

> Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 08:20:06 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Samuel Cheung <sy_cheung@yahoo.com>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: tomcat 4.x and new io in JDK 1.4
>
> Hi,
>
> Could someone please tell me if Tomcat 4.x is using
> the new IO in JDK 1.4?

No, it does not.

> If not, will Tomcat be changed
> to take advantage the new IO functionality?

It is not clear that this will make any significant performance gains
possible, but it might.  From what I've heard, the initial experiments
don't seem to hold out a lot of hope.

Of course, if someone actually wants to volunteer to write a connector
based on the new model, it would certainly be nice to have the alternative
available to experiment with.

> Thanks.
> Sam

Craig