tomcat-users mailing list archives

From lsa...@softhome.net
Subject Heavy traffic trouble
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 18:46:33 GMT
The jakarta tomcat too slow and go down (crashed) when my site have heavy traffic, maybe is
regular question, but i can't found information about this problem, I am worry because i saw
 the proccesors and memory performance in my system and all is ok, i have enough free memory
and enough idle proccesor. I tried to fix this problem working with the thread pool information
(http://www.hp.com/products1/unix/webservers/apache/techtips/tomcat.html ) but then i had
the same
problem. I found information about this problem in other tomcat versions, with linux and apache,
somebody known something about this problem, how fix this trouble? my tomcat is alone in a
webserver, it have a connection with a Oracle database server, and the connection with my
http server (is the local connection) is with the isapi filter (other ports is closed).
I have two similar web servers with load balancing:
I am using the Tomcat version 3.1.
my server have windows 2000 IIS with isapi filter for the tomcat
2 x 800 MHZ processors
1GB in RAM
2 x SCSI 3 harddrive
my regular traffic can be 2000 to 5000 costumer in
the same time, in other words i can have 1000 to 2500 simultaneous connection by each server,
but I have problem with 800 simultaneous connection in each server.
Help me please.
excuse me and Thank you for all.

Luis A. Salas
Linux Administrator