tomcat-users mailing list archives

From José Montiel <jmont...@manduca.com>
Subject RE: HTTP Status 500 - No Context configured to process this request
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 14:52:35 GMT
Hi Mark,

	Your server.xml looks fine.

	Question which URL are you trying to access?

	If you are trying to access http://localhost/ you will get this
error because there is no context defined to answer this request, only
request of the form

	http://localhost/examples/*******

	and

	http://localhost/manager/*******

will be answered since they are the only two context defined

If that is the case, do the following

	Replace line 198 -200

        <!--
          <Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0"/>
        -->

	for

		<Context path="/bioinformatics" docBase="bioinformatics"
debug="0"/>

	which will create a context "/bioinformatics", so you can access
it using

	http://localhost/bioinformatics/

Or you can setup this app as the default context as follows

	Replace line 198 -200

        <!--
          <Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0"/>
        -->

	for

		<Context path="/" docBase="bioinformatics" debug="0"/>

	which will create a context "/", so you can access it using

	http://localhost/

well, I hope this helps you, let me know how it goes

bye