tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Conrad" <>
Subject RE: getting isapi_redirect.dll to work with tomcat 4.0 and IIS
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 17:16:51 GMT
Hey Michael,
Your problem is very interesting.  It seems your redirector is getting
you to the Tomcat server (your getting a tomcat error) then looking for
the redirector again.
the file isapi_redirect.dll is from Tomcat 3.3 I believe.  While all the
documentation says it will work, I had the smoothest installation using
this redirector
the file name is isapi_redirector.dll and you will need to make sure you
modify all your registry settings to reflect this.  renaming the file to
isapi_redirect.dll may cause problems because I think it looks
internally for itself.
then, start check that your virtual directory "jakarta" pointing to the
folder containing isapi_redirector.dll
if neither of those solutions work, you might want to start over using
this step-by-step install guide.
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Allen []
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 11:58 AM
Subject: getting isapi_redirect.dll to work with tomcat 4.0 and IIS

I think I have been through all the FAQs available, and I feel like I am
close to getting this to work.  I have set up the /jakarta/ as a virtual
folder, I have edited the registry, I get a green arrow under ISAPI
filters. but when I try to go to, for example,
http://localhost/examples/jsp/dates/date.jsp, I get the following in my

Apache Tomcat/4.0.3 - HTTP Status 404 - /jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll

type Status report
message /jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll
description The requested resource (/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll) is not
And in my log file I get:
002:10:59:06 -0600] "GET /jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll? HTTP/1.1" 404 654
on the other hand, if I try:
http://localhost:8080/examples/dates/dates.jsp; everything is happy.
Am I close?  Help.
Michael E. Allen, Ph.D.                         (847)965-2932
Senior Research Scientist
Compuational Research Group
Integrated DNA Technologies
Suite 700