tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jerry Jennings" <Je...@mail.westerngraphics.org>
Subject RE: Where is the log file
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 23:10:13 GMT
I have logs set in the server context like this:

        <LogSetter name="servlet_log"
		   timestamps="true"
		   verbosityLevel = "INFORMATION"
		   path="logs/wgservlet-${yyyyMMdd}.log"
		   />

        <LogSetter  name="JASPER_LOG"
		   timestamps="true"
		   path="logs/wgjasper-${yyyyMMdd}.log"
		   verbosityLevel = "INFORMATION"  />

And in the webapp context like this:

    <LogSetter name="SDSU_tc.log"
	timestamps="true"
	path="logs/SDSU.log" />

    <LogSetter name="SDSU_servlet_log"
	timestamps="true"
	path="logs/servlet_SDSU.log"
	servletLogger="true"/>

I check all of the log files in the /logs folder and none have the output I am looking for.
I am using Tomcat 3.3 on NetWare 6.  Is there something else I need to do?

>>> "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com> 06/24/02 11:49AM >>>
Howdy,
If you have a <Logger> element defined in your context, that's where
it'll go.  And it works up the hierarchy from there, so if you have a
Logger in your Host and not in Context, it'll go to the Host.  Next up
is the Engine log (which would be my guess for your case), which is at
$CATALINA_HOME/logs/catalina_log[date].txt by default.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics