tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jim Michael" <JMich...@chesterfield.mo.us>
Subject Tomcat equivalent of ErrorDocument?
Date Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:04:21 GMT
I searched the archives but could not find an anser to this... I'm aware
of the <error-page> tags that can be added to a deployment descriptor
for a web app, so that I can trap 404's and the like within the app...

But what about trapping a "500 - no context configured to process this
request" error? I want my Tomcat-based web site to show a friendly page
when such an error occurs vs the ugly tomcat one... is this possible?
Obviously the deployment descriptor won't work here, as the above error
gets thrown when you try to reference a resource ivia a *invalid*
context.

Is there a solution, or do I live with the un-friendly 500 error?

Jim