tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Boyer" <Da...@bvu.edu>
Subject newbie assistance with catalina.policy
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 22:00:04 GMT
I realize I can use a "-" or "*" at the end of my pathname. Can I use
one in the middle?

I have approximately 1,200 user webs that I'd like to enable for JSPs
with Jakarta Tomcat. I'd like each user to have write access to a
/webdata folder withing their web:

permission java.io.FilePermission
"d:\\Inetpub\\Wwwroot\\dev\\jtest\\students\\-\\webdata\\-", "read,
write";

The directory name between students and webdata will be different for
each student. How do I handle a varying directory name in the middle of
the path?

Any suggestion, or am I stuck creating a separate application context
in "server.xml" for each user?