tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jim Michael" <JMich...@chesterfield.mo.us>
Subject flush="false" not working?
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 16:12:09 GMT
I was under the impression that Tomcat4 now lets me do JSP 1.2 things
like modify response headers via includes with flush="false". However,
this does not work for me.

I created a very simple test where TEST1.JSP does:

<jsp:include page="/test2.jsp" fluch="false" />

And within test2.jsp I do:

<% response.setDateHeader("Last-Modified",1021852800934L); %>

This *should* set the last-modified header to May 18-ish, but it
doesn't work. If I move the setDateHeader() code to TEST1.JSP, it sets
the header fine... so it seems that even though flush="false" doesn't
throw an error anymore, it still does not allow me to set response
headers as advertised.

Any suggestions or corrections welcome!

I'm using Tomcat 4.0.3 and JDK 1.3.1

Jim