tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alex Short <a...@short.net>
Subject Ultradev (Windows) -> Apache/Tomcat (Linux)
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 21:09:14 GMT
Do any of you have developers using Ultradev and use Apache/Tomcat as your
development and production boxes?

In order to see dynamic content, i thought of a sandbox for each user on a
development box running apache/tomcat on linux.

The problem is, when they are using Ultradev they will be using \'s
because its a Windows system, and also using different document roots.

I wonder if anyone has worked out a nice way for developers to code on
Windows, see the changes live in a preview window, save to a samba mounted
drive share of their sandbox, then to migrate all to a development version
via cvs (cvs client running on the linux box within the sandobx) then out
to a staging box, then production.

I think the idea might work, just wondering if anyone has gone down this
path.

Thanks

Alex